Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Texas University’s Race Admissions Policy Is Debated Before a Federal Court

This article was actually very interesting to me, because it talked about a process that I have just recently finished: the application to college process. I certainly think that affirmative action, or admitting more people from racially minority groups, can be a good thing. However, because of affirmative action, colleges tend to accept minority students over students in the majority race simply because of their race, and not because of their grades, test scores, or extracurriculars. I believe that this way of trying to end racism, is actually, racist itself. Admitting a student into college because of his or her race is racist. Diversity is very important in colleges and universities and one thing I am looking forward to in college is meeting all different kinds of people from all over the world. However, I personally think that school's policies on affirmative action should be reformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment