I Personally really liked President Obama’s speech. I
thought that it was well written and had a really great message. The part of
the speech that stuck out to me most was the fact that President Obama didn’t make
promises that he might not be able to keep. At the memorial service in Sandy
Hook, he said he along with others, would do everything in their power to stop
gun violence and get a handle on gun control in the nation. Whether or not he
gave his all, sadly, nothing changed. In this speech however, I really appreciated
the fact that he didn’t make another vow to stop this. I loved that President
Obama pointed out the fact that “Our tears are not enough,” he added. “Our words and our prayers are
not enough.” If Americans want to honor the 12 men and women who died at the
Navy Yard, he said, “we’re going to have to change. We’re going to have to
change.” This points out the fact that we, as a nation, have to be more willing
to really try and get things to change. We cant just sit back and hope that something
will change and everything will work itself out. It is time for all of us, not
just President Obama, to stand up and try to make change happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment