Monday, September 30, 2013
"Newtown: Guns in America" Reflection
I thought that this video was extremely informative and it was very well balanced. It showed both sides of the issue and the pros and cons of their arguments. What I thought was most interesting was the contrast between gun violence in rural and urban communities. In the video, it was clear that shootings of other human beings are much more popular in the urban communities, whereas in more rural areas, guns are lots of times for hunting and gaming purposes. I live in a suburb which isn't in a city and it also isn't in the middle of nowhere, so while I am pretty safe walking alone at night in Winnetka, I also am not in an area where people are allowed to hunt animals. Being in the middle of this issue is very difficult for me because I can't really decide which side I belong to. While I do think that tighter restrictions on guns will certainly decrease the amount of mass shootings, is it really right to take away the guns that have been in certain families for generations and generations?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment