Thursday, September 26, 2013
The New Normal
I think that this article really gets to me. I remember after the Connecticut shootings, I was nearly in tears of how someone could possibly kill 20 innocent children, but after the shootings in D.C., I simply stopped and thought about it for a few seconds, and then I moved on. I think that it really discourages me that I, like many other Americans, had a similar reactions. My thinking was: the killing of 13 adults isn't as bad as killing 20 children, right? I couldn't believe I was thinking that.
I think Obama certainly addressed the issue the right way. There is no possible way that this is should be acceptable and the new norm of America, but what really makes me angry is how even though these shootings keep happening, change to gun control laws have yet to come. Obama has been preaching change for a long time now, but with Congress being unable to change the current laws, it is extremely unsure of when that change is to come.
This is not the first mass shooting America has suffered, and it won't be the last, unfortunately. The only question now is how many shootings is America willing to suffer before it becomes too much to bare?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment